From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 16:31:29
1 On Sunday, November 13, 2016 4:54:06 PM EST Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > >>>>> On Sun, 13 Nov 2016, William L Thomson wrote:
3 > > And your regex?
4 > >
5 > > dev portage # git shortlog -sn | grep -i "Rich"
6 > >
7 > > 343 Ulrich Müller
8 > >
9 > > 38 Richard Freeman
10 > > 37 Richard Yao
11 >
12 > Again, these are not the numbers of "commits in tree". You are
13 > (unintentionally, I hope) excluding some part of the history.
14
15 I am running git shortlog from the Gentoo Git repository. That includes any
16 history in Git. CVS history was not migrated to Git. If it was my numbers
17 would be much higher.
18
19 Why do you not show how you came up with the numbers you produced? I am
20 showing not only the Git repo I am suing, but the exact commands. I have also
21 provided a link to the Gentoo repo on Github. Which is exactly what I am
22 pulling from and syncing with...
23
24 gentoo https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo (fetch)
25 gentoo no_push (push)