From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Should DevRel members be in Council?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 12:20:24
1 Markos Chandras schrieb:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > This is the second item I would like to discuss for the next Council
5 > agenda ( or a later one )
6 >
7 > Quite a few of you know that Council acts as a court in case a developer
8 > has unresolved disputes with Devrel or when he is not happy with a
9 > Devrel's decision. The problem is that having the same people in the
10 > Council and in Devrel makes no sense since the same people will vote
11 > twice on that matter. A developer who wants to appeal to Council, seeks
12 > a review of his case and a fresh voting from new people. However, having
13 > devrel members, which are already biased based on the previous decision,
14 > makes the "Council's court role" a moot role :)
15
16 I have to ask the same here as for the other proposal:
17
18 Why do you restrict your proposal to a specific project? The issue you are pointing at is the same
19 for any other project, where someone does open an appeal to council to vote on a team decision he
20 does not want to accept.