From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: ulm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] EAPI6 Features
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 21:49:46
1 Dnia 2014-06-08, o godz. 16:38:43
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > >> d) Source eclasses only once
5 > >> Bug #422533
6 >
7 > > Does anybody still want this included? It seems to me like the list
8 > > discussion was leading in a different direction, but it isn't 100%
9 > > clear to me if this is the case.
10 >
11 > Right, discussion has died down. Many eclasses now use a mechanism
12 > equivalent to the one in C header files, which seems to do the job.
13
14 I specifically did open that bug because eclasses were not using
15 the same way consistently. More specifically, the 'spank way' usually
16 involved EXPORT_FUNCTIONS being used inconsistently. As a result,
17 sometimes phase functions from eclass inherited last weren't actually
18 effective because the eclass was inherited by another eclass earlier.
19
20 Thinking about it right now, I don't think we need anything
21 EAPI-specific for this. A consistent policy that is respected by all
22 developers would be enough. I would prefer 'my way' here, that is
23 guarding all inherits and eclass code except for EXPORT_FUNCTIONS, so
24 that the repetitive inherit still overrides phase functions.
25
26 That is:
27
28 if [[ ! ${_FOO_ECLASS} ]]; then
29 inherit bar baz
30 fi
31
32 EXPORT_FUNCTIONS src_compile src_install
33
34 if [[ ! ${_FOO_ECLASS} ]]; then
35 #...
36