From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] IRC channel clean up
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 10:22:23
1 On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:05 AM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
2 <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
3 > I don't recall the exact details at the moment, but some of those
4 > "special cases" like #gentoo.de and #gentoofr have a very *long* history
5 > and trying to move them would probably cause much stir.
6
7 But if an automatic redirect is setup, it won't make any difference at
8 all, unless people are attached to the name of the channel itself.
9
10 > Also, don't forget that we have both country channels (#gentoo-br and
11 > #gentoo-pt) and language channels (#gentoofr is about support in French
12 > and isn't limited to France).
15 I thought all the channels were language-specific and not necessarily
16 country-specific? (even if they were named country-wise purely for
17 grouping together common languages from a country)
20 ~Nirbheek Chauhan