From: Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Feedback on recruitment process
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 18:04:48
1 On Saturday 17 of November 2012 10:53:09 Markos Chandras wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > Good morning,
6 >
7 > Most of you have probably noticed that the recruitment.gentoo.org
8 > webapp is gone[1]. We(recruiters) are in the process of reworking and
9 > re-evaluating the recruitment process. Right now, I am asking you to
10 > comment on the quizzes. Tell us if you think that some of the
11 > questions are obsolete, or too , or outdated etc. Moreover, if you
12 > have a new question in mind that you would like to see in the quizzes
13 > please let me know. Your feedback is valuable for us in order to come
14 > up with a more up2date process that would satisfy the upcoming
15 > developers, you as mentors and us as recruiters. I would like to ask
16 > you to refrain from the usual "oh git will solve everything"
17 > discussions that will drive this thread out of topic. At this point
18 > I'd like only developers to comment on this as some of them have been
19 > mentors and certainly all of them have done the quizzes. Users, former
20 > developers etc are welcome to join but at this point we need to gather
21 > feedback from people who have actually gone through this process.
22 > For your convenience, I've merged both quizzes on a Google doc[2].
23 >
24 > [1]http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel.announce/1783
25 > [2]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pqq0ROBc7yggLRsYUKhReYQL68k1XYFZlvfqI
26 > 4yAt6k/edit
27
28 Hello,
29
30 the non-technical questions should be formed better, and probably to have
31 subquestions. For example, for the council question, I have been given answers
32 from "council is 7 people that take all decisions" to really lengthy ones that
33 lose the point. So I believe that it should be reformed in 4-5 questions: what
34 it is, how it performs, what kind of decisions it takes, how it stays alive,
35 how does it do the elections, who is legible to nominate/participate.
36 Regarding the technical ones, there is too much duplication as Tomas pointed
37 out already, especially regarding KEYWORDS so please do something because the
38 answers are pretty much the same in some of them (or even identical in 2-3 of
39 them)
40 And thanks for the google doc.
41
42 Theo