From: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Nominations for Gentoo Council 2014 / 2015
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:28:21
1 On 2014-06-14 17:32, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
2 > >>> 8. Tim Harder (radhermit)
3
4 > It's raining devs...
5
6 > Seeing that Tim "RoboDev" Harder and the spankster have already been
7 > nominated, all I need to add are jmbsvicetto and antarus. I'm sure you
8 > guys are hating me already.
9
10 Thanks to those who nominated me, I think I'll accept this year.
11
12 Note that I'm really not interested in the political aspects and rather
13 see it as an opportunity to help aid/drive package manager work and
14 related development which I've gotten into more this past year mainly
15 through working on pkgcore.
16
17 I also enjoy seeing, using, and hacking on what other groups come up
18 with by leveraging the Gentoo ecosystem, for example Chromium OS and
19 CoreOS. Aiding the development of package managers and surrounding tools
20 would help enhance and encourage these types of projects which would
21 probably increase community interest and involvement thus bringing more
22 new users and devs to Gentoo.
23
24 For more specific goals, dreams, or whatever else see my manifesto [1].
25 Feel free to ask questions if you doubt my grand schemes. ;)
26
27 Tim
28
29 [1]: http://dev.gentoo.org/~radhermit/council-manifesto-2014.txt