From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 18:39:07
1 On 2017.04.11 00:05, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > $SUBJECT says it all... what do you think?
3 >
4 > Being of a mathematical mind, I'd suggest a graylisting approach with
5 >
6 > * exponential increase of delay times, tracked per sender
7 > * a time-controlled decrease of the counters
8 > -- balanced such that on average sending <= 3 mails per day incurs no
9 > perceptible delay.
10 >
11 > I have no clue if such a software already exists. It would be fun
12 > though. :)
13 >
14 > --
15 > Andreas K. Hüttel
16 > dilfridge@g.o
17 > Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)
18
19 Its not possible to fix social problems with technology.
20 Gentoo society is a microcosm of the world.
21
22 When it becomes commonplace to do this sort of thing,
23 all the jails in the world will be empty.
24
25 Give the abusers a hug, maybe even talk to them using
26 a voice/video channel. Find out the real problem.
27 A lot is lost in the written word.
28
29 Excluding people doesn't work either. Look at all the
30 repeat offenders in the worlds jails.
33 Regards,
34
35 Roy Bamford
36 (Neddyseagoon) a member of