From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: docs-team@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] improving documentation handling in bugzilla
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 04:44:26
1 we currently have three documentation products in bugzilla:
2 http://bugs.gentoo.org/enter_bug.cgi
3 - Doc Other: ... does not deal with www.gentoo.org/doc or translations.
4 - Doc Translations: All documents not in English on www.gentoo.org
5 - Documentation: Guides and handbooks located under www.gentoo.org/doc
6
7 personally, this seems overly complex and confusing. i glance between "Doc
8 Other" and "Documentation" trying to figure where my doc bug should go. then
9 i click both and look at the components to figure out which one i actually
10 want. this doesnt make much sense.
11
12 i cant see any value in having "Documentation" and "Doc Other" be separate
13 products. let's simply merge the two Component lists and be done with it.
14
15 i would like to see "Doc Translations" merged in too, but i'm not sure how
16 much this will impact things. does every lang really need its own component ?
17 in most translation bugs i see, people start the summary off with "[LANG]"
18 anyways. so if that's what the standard is and people are fine with it, seems
19 like we can merge the translation product into the main Documentation product
20 and give it a single "translations" component.
21 -mike