From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] EAPI6 Features
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2014 15:10:00
1 On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 10:38 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2
3 Lots of other good stuff that I agree with across the board...
4
5 >>>>>> On Sun, 8 Jun 2014, Rich Freeman wrote:
6 >>> c) EJOBS variable
7 >>> Bug #273101
8 >>> - Discussion was in 2008. Is there (still) consensus?
9 >
10 >> Assuming anybody still wants to implement this, I see no reason to
11 >> keep bikeshedding this. EJOBS fits the bill.
12 >
13 > However, my general advice would be not to impose work on PMS and
14 > package manager teams, for features that nobody is pushing any longer.
15
16 As I already said - agreed across the board. With regard to EJOBS in
17 particular I'd like the community to speak up if somebody actually
18 wants this. Preferably that would be somebody willing to pitch in and
19 help a bit when it comes time to implement it, but I'll take all the
20 sponsors I can get.
21
22 Rich