From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: ssuominen@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 18:37:39
1 On Fri, 09 May 2014 21:19:20 +0300
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Of course they [sic. pkgconfig files] should be allowed, [...]
5
6 +1
7
8 > I'm really not happy about some decisions done by QA lately. Take the
9 > USE="gtk2 gtk3" crap for example, how is disallowing
10 > USE="gtk" (= means maintainer has carefully selected which toolkit
11 > works best for the package) improving anything?
12
13 No final decision is taken here so far, we're waiting for the GNOME team
14 to respond on our mail; until then, I think that the status quo holds.
15
16 > It's counterproductive, means now user needs to read sourcecode of
17 > each package to determine it for himself, no global USE="gtk"
18 > possible anymore, massive pollution of package.use.
19
20 So, rehashing it in a thread to which it is unrelated yields no results.
23 With kind regards,
24
25 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
26 Gentoo Developer
27
28 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
29 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
30 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D