From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Concerns about low Council member involvement outside meetings
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 15:22:08
1 On 4/15/19 9:56 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 >
3 > I understand that people may not have a lot of time to spend on Gentoo.
4 > However, I believe that if one stands for the Council, one simply must
5 > be able to find necessary time to put more time than 1-2 hours a month
6 > during the meeting. Or -- to put it bluntly -- if you don't have time
7 > to be on the Council, please don't stand for the Council.
10 I was on the Council for several years in a row. When I first got on, I
11 was super enthusiastic and always came prepared. However, after a few
12 years, I burned out. I noticed the same in other council members that
13 slowly petered away during the year. Since at any given time there are
14 only a few enthusiastic gentoo devs who would step up to do council
15 work, and that incumbents tend to be re-elected, I'm not surprised that
16 this is a chronic problem.
17
18 The best advice is to underline mgorny's point and recognize that there
19 is real work involved and that it is important.
22 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
23 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
24 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
25 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
26 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA