From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Concerns about low Council member involvement outside meetings
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 15:22:08
On 4/15/19 9:56 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
> > I understand that people may not have a lot of time to spend on Gentoo. > However, I believe that if one stands for the Council, one simply must > be able to find necessary time to put more time than 1-2 hours a month > during the meeting. Or -- to put it bluntly -- if you don't have time > to be on the Council, please don't stand for the Council. >
I was on the Council for several years in a row. When I first got on, I was super enthusiastic and always came prepared. However, after a few years, I burned out. I noticed the same in other council members that slowly petered away during the year. Since at any given time there are only a few enthusiastic gentoo devs who would step up to do council work, and that incumbents tend to be re-elected, I'm not surprised that this is a chronic problem. The best advice is to underline mgorny's point and recognize that there is real work involved and that it is important. -- Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D. Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened] E-Mail : blueness@g.o GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA