From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:25:35
1 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-council/msg_e6f300a0a2c570cfe2d5780c205a5574.xml
2
3 My understanding of how our mailing lists are structured is that there's
4 either an on topic mailing list or then a general one like gentoo-dev or
5 gentoo-project. So this means that generally a message should only be
6 sent to a single mailing list. If you want to all developers to see the
7 post then use gentoo-dev-announce as documented here:
8 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?full=1
9
10 I propose we add a statement to our list FAQ to ban cross posting the
11 reason being that it leads to fragmentation of the thread when some
12 people reply on one list and some on the other (and they aren't required
13 to be subscribed to both). If agreed then I'll also send a post to
14 gentoo-dev-announce describing the outcome. If there's no clear majority
15 then I'll put this on the council agenda.
16
17 Regards,
18 Petteri