From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 13:52:58
1 On 11/07/2016 08:43 AM, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
2 >
3 > Seems like all devs should have access to Gentoo's github at least with regard
4 > to handling PR's. All devs have commit access thus all should have access via
5 > Github as well.
6 >
7 > Maybe something added to the process of adding a new developer.
10 We don't commit through github; instead, we download and apply the pull
11 request patch with git-am:
12
13 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gentoo_git_workflow
14
15 (see the "Pull requests..." section). In that sense, we all do have
16 access, but what's missing is the ability to hit the "close pull
17 request" button.