From: Mikle Kolyada <zlogene@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2019-04-14
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 10:15:22
1 On 04.04.2019 10:47, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Thu, 04 Apr 2019, Mikle Kolyada wrote:
3 >> On 03.04.2019 17:56, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
4 >>> We assume good faith and therefore don't require proof of contributors'
5 >> And that is why we have the policy that accepts everything that does
6 >> not look like an invalid name? Say, if np-hardass will change his
7 >> identity to "John Smith" (I took a random now), will this be ok as
8 >> per the policy?
9 > Obviously not, because we know that "John Smith" is not his real name.
10
11 Why not? He can claim he has changed his name, and by the "good faith"
12 you should trust him, or is this selective now?
13 Even more, we know his name only because he had submitted his identity
14 to the trustees before.
15 People can also create virtuals with different names pretending they are
16 real.
17
18 This now works as described in "shut the stable door when the steed is
19 stolen"
20
21 The glep allows any level of absurd, while this should not.
22
23 >> Good illusion of being legal.
24 > It boils down to "due diligence" from our side.
25 >
26 > Ulrich