From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call For Agenda Items - 13 May 2014
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 13:43:11
1 Rich Freeman:
2 >
3 > Honestly, I'm not a big fan of QA taking on the role of the body that
4 > makes controversial decisions.
5
6 Exactly, they should rather be the guys who jump in discussions that
7 affect tree consistency etc. and help with general inquiries. Instead,
8 they point me to dev-ML and... council.
9
10 > I think they're the right place to
11 > start with questions like these, but when there is an issue that isn't
12 > clear-cut I think that is what the council is for. I'm not saying
13 > that QA shouldn't ever be able to make policy - only that it should
14 > use discretion when doing so, and that seems to be what is happening
15 > here.
18 As I said... I have done a lot of inquiries to QA, both regarding the
19 new and the old team. It hasn't improved, you know?