From: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] OT - Tinderbox question
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 13:07:22
1 On Thu, 15 May 2014 11:21:15 +0000 hasufell wrote:
2
3 >Sergey Popov:
4 >> And yes, we need tinderbox. But, c'mon. stop talking loudly on ML and
5 >> get things done if you can.
8 >This is like working on patches while upstream already said "not
9 >interested".
10 >
11 >Since QA doesn't think it's their job to run a tinderbox, I will work
12 >with those people who actually care about it, instead of QA.
15 Since I occasionally need a tinderbox for a couple of packages[1], I
16 already thought about building one myself. I have plenty of hardware I
17 could use for that but I cannot afford the power expenses these
18 machines generate while being powered on.
19 My idea is to ask a local server hosting company near my work place to
20 sponsor some units of rack space and the required IPs to run and access
21 the hardware.
22 I haven't spoken to them yet but I doubt they would do this without
23 getting something back.
24 So anybody knows how good chances would be getting their company logo
25 added to the sponsors already being listed on http://www.gentoo.org when
26 they offer some sponsorship?
27
28 [1] sys-libs/db:5.3 for example which is masked like forever and can
29 only be umasked after a thorough tinderbox run
30
31 Cheers
34 Lars Wendler
35 Gentoo package maintainer
36 GPG: 4DD8 C47C CDFA 5295 E1A6 3FC8 F696 74AB 981C A6FC