From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation membership and who can join
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 19:23:50
1 On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 12:19 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On Friday, October 14, 2016 11:57:01 AM EDT Raymond Jennings wrote:
5 > >.>
6 > > > True, but it really does not take long to vote. That is really the only
7 > > > obligation, annually.
8 > >
9 > > That's what I mean, a developer's vote should always be able to be
10 > > "abstain" if they wish.
11 >
12 > That is always the case with any voting, its most always elective.
13 >
14 > However maybe active developers can abstain from voting for the entire time
15 > they are a developer and not lose membership. Most discussion is around
16 > after
17 > 2 non votes you lose membership, maybe after another year, so 3 years of
18 > inactivity.
21 My point is that if they show up to vote and their vote is "abstain", it
22 should count as if they voted for someone.
25 > If someone is still a developer, but has not voted in 3 years. They could
26 > still be a member of the foundation, as long as they are a developer. They
27 > could abstain from Foundation voting the entire time they are a developer,
28 > yet
29 > still have membership.
30 >
31 > Maybe the lose membership after 2 years of non voting plus a 3rd to be
32 > nice,
33 > should apply to "supporters" or regular foundation members who are not
34 > part of
35 > Gentoo, dev/staff/other.
38 > In an ideal world people want to be part of the Foundation and active
39 > there.
40 > If the Foundation helped further development and the project in general.
41 >
42 > --
43 > William L. Thomson Jr.