From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council nominee 2018/19 questions
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 00:15:57
1 On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 08:15:25AM +0300, Eray Aslan wrote:
2 > Re-sending to gentoo-project
3 >
4 > On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 09:11:11AM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
5 > > Since the nominees for the new Council aren't eager to publish
6 > > manifestos, and nobody seems to be asking questions (yet some people are
7 > > leaving hostile half-comments), I'd like to start a thread dedicated to
8 > > asking the nominees (who accepted) questions related to their views of
9 > > the upcoming term. At the same time, I'd like to ask all nominees to
10 > > answer all the questions provided by community members.
11 >
12 > Just a few sentences on the questions below would be nice.
13 >
14 > 1/ What do you think of closing gentoo-dev ML to the general public?
15
16 I am 100% against the decision to close gentoo-dev to the general
17 public. I feel that this is one of the worst things the council has done
18 recently.
19
20 > 2/ Where do you think Gentoo stands in the Linux ecosystem? Who do you
21 > think are its users?
22
23 Gentoo is probably the most customizable Linux distro out there. I tend
24 to see it as a power user distro. You can accept the default settings we
25 provide if you want, but its real strength is the ability to customize.
26 If you want a distro that you can customize very heavily, Gentoo is the
27 one for you.
28
29 William