From: Anna Vyalkova <cyber+gentoo@×××××.in>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Gentoo's GitLab (was: utilizing GH functionality that Gentoo infra does not provide)
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 18:47:39
1 On 2022-03-29 21:26, Arthur Zamarin wrote:
2 > I know this is a future project (with something running currently [1]),
3 > but one day we will have a running Gentoo's GitLab system. I think most
4 > of the features listed above are currently working in the current
5 > instance, with various extra nice things (like bugzilla and IRC
6 > integration), and I think the main thing that isn't setup ready is CI.
7 >
8 > GitLab also has mirroring support (I still didn't manage to setup it,
9 > but my experience with such things is very low), so people could use
10 > GitLab mainly, with mirror on GitHub, which might improve our "image".
11 >
12 > To summarize my long text, I think that even if we open the GitHub
13 > features (I don't have opinion on it), I think in some time, most of us
14 > will move into Gentoo's GitLab.
15 >
16 > [1] https://gitlab.gentoo.org/
17
18 Why GitLab? There are other FOSS forges like Gitea and SourceHut.
19
20 Is it chosen because GitLab is familiar to ponential contributors?