From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
Cc: forum-mods@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Appeals of Moderation Decisions
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 13:17:03
Kristian Fiskerstrand schrieb:
> On 2/5/19 2:05 PM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote: >> So if there is no consensus reached, the group in Gentoo that is >> responsible for conflict resolution (ComRel) could maybe step up and >> start to mediate between those who want to keep OTW, and those who want >> OTW to go away. > No, this isn't conflict resolution, but a policy decision which belongs > to council.
It is of course Council's prerogative to make a decision on such matters, however it is very obvious that this is *also* a conflict between (groups inside) the Gentoo community. If Council deems it necessary and the matter urgent enough to act before other ways of addressing the problems have been explored, that is of course also up to Council, although not something that I would personally welcome at this time. Best regards, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn