From: Ultrabug <ultrabug@g.o>
To: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, Gentoo Recruiters <recruiters@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Should returning developers be handled before first timers?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:49:17
1 On 16/02/2011 17:50, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Currently the recruiting team handles returning developers in the same
3 > way as people joining the first time. The question that I have been
4 > presented with is if they should get priority? The reasoning being that
5 > in their case it's more about making sure their skills are updated than
6 > making sure they won't cause problems etc. Ideally of course we could
7 > process everyone quickly enough that this wouldn't be a problem but
8 > history has proved this to be challenging to say the least.
9 >
10 > Regards,
11 > Petteri
12 >
13 New comer point of view : I would have found this rather normal that a
14 returning dev would bypass my application as he should consume less time
15 in the recruitment process and be more quickly operational than me once
16 he's been integrated back. From what I've seen so far, there's not so
17 many of them anyway so this shouldn't change much the wait.
18
19 In my point of view there is no drawback to getting willing and capable
20 devs back home so they can help asap. It would be a good process to
21 preserve an overall efficiency of both the Gentoo recruitment and
22 development.
25 Ultrabug
26 Gentoo / cluster