From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] changing the default of ACCEPT_LICENSE in portage
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 23:17:59
1 On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 17:28:20 +0200
2 hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > Gentoo has been and should remain a pragmatic distribution rather
5 > > than promoting a specific licensing philosophy to our users.
6 >
7 > We are already doing that by declaring:
8 > "Gentoo is and will remain Free Software".
9
10 I disagree with your interpretation. This text has always been about
11 the software Gentoo produces, not about the distro of multi-license
12 packages that this software allows you to compile. So it's about the
13 package manager, ebuilds, eclasses, helper tools, boot scripts and so
14 on that the Gentoo Project authors.
17 jer