From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Proposal for Trustees: Reflect CoC in Bylaws
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 05:33:11
1 (Please respond on the gentoo-project list, it gets a lot more traffic
2 than NFP).
3
4 The Gentoo Foundation bylaws [1] do not presently bind any member to
5 agreeing to the Code of Conduct.
6
7 I propose that the addition of a new section to the bylaws:
8 ====
9 Section 4.11: Responsibilities of Members
10 All members, trustees and officers of the foundation shall commit
11 themselves to acting with integrity and respecting the Gentoo Code of
12 Conduct as a minimum standard.
13 ====
14
15 For the record, the bylaws include a clause for termination of
16 membership, by majority vote of trustees. I feel this is sufficient in
17 addition to the comrel responsibilities and CoC 'Consequences' section,
18 but would encourage comrel to recommend to the Board the termination of
19 membership in appropriate cases.
20
21 [1] https://web.archive.org/web/20140822043402/http://www.gentoo.org/foundation/en/BylawsAdopted.xml
22 The link is broken on the new website.
25 Robin Hugh Johnson
26 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead
27 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
28 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85