From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, Gentoo Recruiters <recruiters@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Should returning developers be handled before first timers?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:19:10
1 On 02/16/11 17:50, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Currently the recruiting team handles returning developers in the same
3 > way as people joining the first time. The question that I have been
4 > presented with is if they should get priority?
5
6 My opinion is that yes, they should be prioritized. They have, in the
7 past, already shown that they do know the relevant things, and if they
8 wish to return we should make it easy for them.
9
10 > The reasoning being that
11 > in their case it's more about making sure their skills are updated than
12 > making sure they won't cause problems etc. Ideally of course we could
13 > process everyone quickly enough that this wouldn't be a problem but
14 > history has proved this to be challenging to say the least.
15 That is another issue - recruiting is a difficult and slow process. What
16 can we do to make it work better?
19 > Regards,
20 > Petteri
25 Patrick Lauer http://service.gentooexperimental.org
26
27 Gentoo Council Member and Evangelist
28 Part of Gentoo Benchmarks, Forensics, PostgreSQL, KDE herds