From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 12:16:31
Markos Chandras schrieb:
> Hi all, > > This is the first of the items I would like to discuss for the next > Council agenda (or a later one). > > Some time ago, few people proposed to have Council appointed leaders for > QA and DevRel.
My first question: Why is your proposal restricted to QA and DevRel?
> I like the idea because this way the Council can ensure > that the team is active or either force some activity in case the > current leader slacks big time.
If there is noone active in a team, noone prevents other devs to join the team and vote themselves for the lead. So even if there is no activity, it should be no problem to get activity, if someone is interested to do the work. If the team is inactive and noone interested, the Council wont be able to create any activity either, since they cannot force anyone to do something.
> Furthermore, right now there is the > potential problem for the leader to only allow new members that he likes > so they can vote for him on next elections. Membership and voting > actions should not be related in these teams.
How is this specific to those 2 projects? Other projects do work the same way, so if you argument this way, you should extend your proposal to all projects, not just QA and DevRel.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>