From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for candidates for Gentoo Council 2013/2014
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 00:51:18
1 Just let me preface my answers with:
2
3 Any OPINION, I state (briefly) below, is a starting point for
4 discussions and implementations that would lead to a final decision
5 being made. A "Final" decision will always be based on the facts
6 present/known at the time such a decision is to be made.
7
8 In other words, they aren't chiseled into stone. As I've not been a
9 member of the council. I have also not gotten involved too deeply into
10 many of the past issues. Instead I have concentrated my efforts on
11 coding. Keep in mind that I do not do a lot of ebuild work. The
12 majority of my work is done in python coding for many of the tools used
13 in maintaining your gentoo install. It is those tools that will need
14 work to implement those features and changes. It is more than just
15 portage's code that is affected. As there are few of us doing the work
16 on those tools. Council decisions should not be overzealous in
17 approving too many of them at any one time.
18
19 While I am responding to some of these questions, many of them I have no
20 opinion of so far. Nor do I have enough knowledge about them to make
21 informed opinions. But I do feel that it is important to answer many of
22 them. Despite that the only 2 people pushing the questions have no vote
23 in the election... Many are valid questions other qualified voters
24 might like to know our answers to.
27 On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 20:54 +0200, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis