From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] CoC change to encourage clear communication
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 00:11:53
1 Hi,
2
3 for me this is something you cannot enforce and should never get
4 enforced. It's everyone's privilege to use as many words as needed to
5 express his/her thoughts. Nobody should tell anyone 'Sorry, you used too
6 many words. I will now ignore you'.
7
8 This is also kind of disrespectful and rude. Assume good faith. Sure, at
9 some point someone might say, "Sorry, I think we are going round in
10 circles and are repeating. Until you add something new/go back to topic,
11 I am out". But to 'accuse' someone of deliberately writing longer
12 postings to distract is really next level. And I really disagree with
13 that and would refuse to accept that we reached this point in current
14 OTW discussion.
15
16 Therefore I really see no point in extending CoC in response to current
17 event.
18
19 However I would be happy to somehow add
20
21 > *Use concise and clear language.* The Gentoo community includes
22 > people from all over the world, with varying English skills and
23 > available time.
24
25 as general information/reminder to CoC but as said, not as a rule.
29 Regards,
30 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
31 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature