From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Representation of Gentoo on third-party platforms
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2016 23:03:50
1 On Sun, Nov 06, 2016 at 09:04:51PM +0100, Manuel Rüger wrote:
2 > I wonder if we have some guidelines for gentoo accounts/organisations on
3 > third-party platforms or if there is a need for it?
4 Infra does try to keep track of who has control. Several cases case it's
5 PR, or somebody in Infra that has it.
6
7 > * Twitter:
8 > * https://twitter.com/gentoo
9 > * https://twitter.com/GentooHardened
10 > * https://twitter.com/Gentoo_Security
11 > * Facebook:
12 > * https://www.facebook.com/gentoo.org/
13 > * https://www.facebook.com/groups/linuxgentoo/
14 > * Google+:
15 > * https://plus.google.com/communities/100146718762350759856
16 > * https://plus.google.com/+Gentoo/posts
17 I think PR has all 3 of these, but I'm not 100% certain.
18
19 > * Dockerhub:
20 > * https://hub.docker.com/r/gentoo/
21 > * Reddit:
22 > * https://www.reddit.com/r/Gentoo/
23 I don't know on these two.
24
25 > * LinkedIn:
26 > * https://www.linkedin.com/groups/36511/profile
27 Managed by dberkholz, as he was PR. He retired again a few months ago,
28 so Infra should get it back.
29
30 > * Github:
31 > * https://github.com/gentoo/
32 Managed by Infra, plus some recruiters have access to add new devs.
33
34 > * Steam:
35 > * https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Gentoo
36 > * Gitlab:
37 > * https://gitlab.com/gentoo
38 I don't know on these either.
39
40 > * IRC:
41 > * irc://irc.gentoo.org/gentoo
42 If you look at DNS, it's CNAME'd to Freenode, and administrative access
43 is via our Freenode group contacts.
44
45 > Should there be a general entity that takes care of accounts and
46 > credentials in order ensure that Gentoo can grant and revoke access to
47 > those representations?
48 Trustees (via Infra) makes sense for fallback storage of credentials, as
49 Infra already track a lot of other accounts/credentials important to the
50 distribution (eg the gentoo.org domain registration & WHOIS info).
51
52 However, Trustees & Infra has no desire (or manpower) to get overly
53 involved in running social media, or following the CoC enforcement on
54 those platforms.
55
56 > Does the CoC also apply on those third-party platforms?
57 Yes, but more localized CoC for platforms are ALSO applicable.
58
59 > Some handles and groups call themselves "official" or "The official
60 > mirror" in the case of github.
61 > But what makes a representation "official"?
62 > If it's run by developers? If it's covered by a entity inside gentoo
63 > (like gentoo-pr or gentoo-ops project)? Or do we need different criterias?
64 "official" ->
65 - listed somewhere managed by Trustees.
66 - Listing _includes_ who (persons, projects, teams) actually do the
67 day-to-day running of it.
68 - Does NOT need to be developer-run.
69 - backup credentials retained by the distribution (trustees/infra)
72 Robin Hugh Johnson
73 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Trustee & Treasurer
74 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
75 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
76 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136