From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Should Council members be pillars of the community?
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 23:18:09
1 > Today, I would like to ask: do you think that Council members should
2 > lead the community by example? Should their reputation be untainted,
3 > should they be able to withhold their anger even when they believe they
4 > have reasons enough to attack others?
5
6 Yes.
7
8 That said, one of the reasons for me personally to leave ComRel was that I
9 wanted to be more able to tell people my opinion (and not always have to force
10 myself to do that hyper-diplomatically).
11
12 ComRel is where standards should be higher than the Council still. If you
13 can't keep disagreements within the team, you shouldn't be in it. If you can't
14 behave in a way that you demand of others, you shouldn't be in it.
17 Andreas K. Hüttel
18 dilfridge@g.o
19 Gentoo Linux developer
20 (council, qa, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)