From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
Cc: "gentoo-project@l.g.o" <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 20:26:17
1 Dnia 2015-09-30, o godz. 22:21:27
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > d) Simple and stupid mapping for e-mail aliases:
5 > project shortname y -> e-mail alias is y-project@g.o
6 > Legacy (e.g. y@g.o) addresses will be forwarded.
7
8 Sounds like more typing but I guess this is what makes people happy.
9 Why alter the few team names who have trouble when we can force
10 a change on everyone...
11
12 > e) Since per GLEP 39 only developers can be project members, let's introduce
13 > "contributors" which are listed on the wiki project page together with the
14 > members.
15
16 This doesn't solve the problem with developers who don't want to use
17 SMW.
18
19 > f) The project e-mail alias is automatically populated from the wiki page
20 > (members and contributors).
21
22 Is anyone going to actually do it? Or is this a purely theoretical idea
23 with nobody willing to do the work?
24
25 > * Obviously there are exceptions to this rigid structure for few special teams
26 > (sec, infra, ...)
27
28 Doesn't this kill the whole idea? Or are we talking about projects
29 which are not allowed to maintain packages?
32 Best regards,
33 Michał Górny
34 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>