From: Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: council@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Items for Council Agenda, May 14
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 07:18:42
1 Hello all,
2
3 On Sat, Apr 29, 2017, at 12:00 CDT, "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > Hi everyone,
6 >
7 > The Gentoo Council will be meeting in two weeks. If anyone has any
8 > issues we need to discuss, please let me know and I'll put it on the
9 > agenda. Thanks.
10
11 I would like to make a last minute proposal.
12
13 Proposal:
14
15 I ask the council to establish a procedure / team to moderate the
16 gentoo-project@ and gentoo-dev@ mailing lists:
17
18 - In general the amount of moderation shall as minimal as possible
19 (in particular developers and long-time contributors
20 unconditionally green-lighted),
21 - but for non-developers abusing the mailing lists for their own
22 agenda their contributions shall be moderated.
23 - Similar to irc operators there shall be a decicated moderator team
24 to ensure a quick and timely response.
25 - The moderator team shall be different from council members, and
26 ideally also comrel, such that these groups can act as a check and
27 balance.
28
29 Rationale:
30
31 The gentoo-dev@ and gentoo-project@ mailing lists nowadays serve
32 an important role for Gentoo development (e.g. mandatory announcement,
33 RFCs, PATCH reviews). This function is currently severly impeded due
34 to the high level of noise and unrelated personal agenda [1].
35
36 Best,
37 Matthias
38