From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] gentooSPF: developer email reminder
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 20:32:28
1 Hi,
2
3 I'd like to remind all developers that there is an LDAP field to allow
4 you to customize SPF entries for how you send email.
5
6 If, for example, you wanted to strictly try to block people forging mail
7 as you, and you send ONLY via your own mailservers, you can set SPF to
8 '-all'.
9
10 If, you wanted to explicitly allow your mail to come from Google's mail
11 servers, then set SPF to 'include:_spf.google.com' (optionally with -all
12 or ~all on the end).
13
14 In both cases, you set it via perl_ldap (or other LDAP tools of your
15 preference):
16
17 Example usage (with Google example, strictly):
18 ----------------------------------------------
19 (this sets lavajoe's gentooSPF record).
20
21 perl_ldap -b user \
22 -M gentooSPF 'include:_spf.google.com -all' \
23 lavajoe
26 P.S.
27 The LDAP->DNS sync is still run on a manual trigger by myself, so please
28 feel free to ping me in #gentoo-infra or via email for actioning.
31 Robin Hugh Johnson
32 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Trustee & Treasurer
33 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
34 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
35 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136