From: desultory <desultory@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
Subject: Re: Shutting down the Off the Wall (was: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items ...)
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 07:30:43
1 On 12/12/20 10:34, Thomas Deutschmann wrote:
2 > On 2020-12-12 15:42, Roy Bamford wrote:
3 >> Now we have a council member appealing directly to council again ...
4 >> that sends the message to the community, yet again, that the
5 >> processes that council are supposed to enforce don't apply to council
6 >> members.
7 >> Will the damage from that message ever be undone?
8 >
9 > I really don't get your point here. What's your problem?
10 >
11 > Council members are community members like everyone else.
12 >
13 > So in this case, Matt, who is also in council, brought up the code of
14 > conduct violations. Sure we can talk about the tone. But did anything
15 > happen? Did we break any rules? Did we treat his request preferentially
16 > in any way?
17 >
18 Either those were all rhetorical questions or I have been giving you far
19 too much credit. In short, yes, to all of them.
20
21 > From my POV his request was handled the same and is currently going
22 > through the same process like any other request: It was brought to
23 > mailing list, is getting discussed and a motion was formulated. If you
24 > don't agree on this motion feel free to either convince the community
25 > why this motion should get rejected or maybe formulate your own motion
26 > you want to pass.
29 I already offered alternative motions, none were included in the meeting
30 agenda.