From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] OT - Tinderbox question
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 14:23:59
1 On May 15, 2014 8:07 AM, "Lars Wendler" <polynomial-c@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, 15 May 2014 11:21:15 +0000 hasufell wrote:
4 >
5 > >Sergey Popov:
6 > >> And yes, we need tinderbox. But, c'mon. stop talking loudly on ML and
7 > >> get things done if you can.
8 > >>
9 > >
10 > >This is like working on patches while upstream already said "not
11 > >interested".
12 > >
13 > >Since QA doesn't think it's their job to run a tinderbox, I will work
14 > >with those people who actually care about it, instead of QA.
17 > Since I occasionally need a tinderbox for a couple of packages[1], I
18 > already thought about building one myself. I have plenty of hardware I
19 > could use for that but I cannot afford the power expenses these
20 > machines generate while being powered on.
21 > My idea is to ask a local server hosting company near my work place to
22 > sponsor some units of rack space and the required IPs to run and access
23 > the hardware.
24 > I haven't spoken to them yet but I doubt they would do this without
25 > getting something back.
26 > So anybody knows how good chances would be getting their company logo
27 > added to the sponsors already being listed on http://www.gentoo.org when
28 > they offer some sponsorship?
31 If they commit to sponsorship they would definitely have a sidebar entry
32 available to them. Talk with robbat2 about any requirements, please.
33
34 > [1] sys-libs/db:5.3 for example which is masked like forever and can
35 > only be umasked after a thorough tinderbox run
36 >
37 > Cheers
38 >
39 > --
40 > Lars Wendler
41 > Gentoo package maintainer
42 > GPG: 4DD8 C47C CDFA 5295 E1A6 3FC8 F696 74AB 981C A6FC
43
44 Thanks,
45 Matt