From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [RFC] glep-0076: add clarification about the sign-off requirements
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 06:39:44
1 On 28.7.2021 17.33, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >
3 > In the US at least (and probably most countries), ALL code is
4 > proprietary, unless the author of the code has released it under an
5 > open source license.
8 I do find this thinking a bit backwards, especially WHEN contributing to
9 an open-source project. I think this should be flipped around; Unless
10 stated otherwise, we presume a contribution to this open source project
11 is blablabla licensed / copyrightable under open source rules.
12
13 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature