From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council nominee 2018/19 questions
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 22:17:42
1 On Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:11:11 AM EDT Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hello, everyone.
3 >
4 > Since the nominees for the new Council aren't eager to publish
5 > manifestos, and nobody seems to be asking questions (yet some people are
6 > leaving hostile half-comments), I'd like to start a thread dedicated to
7 > asking the nominees (who accepted) questions related to their views of
8 > the upcoming term. At the same time, I'd like to ask all nominees to
9 > answer all the questions provided by community members.
10 >
11 > I have started a more detailed page about nominees [1], and I will be
12 > adding answers to the questions there. Please note that I will try to
13 > summarize them to shortly fit into the table. If someone doesn't like
14 > my summary, please let me know what to put there. That said, if someone
15 > thinks there's another kind of useful metadata to add to the table, I'd
16 > appreciate that as well.
17 >
18 > To improve readability of the thread, I'll ask my question in reply to
19 > myself ;-).
20 >
21 > Also, please keep the nominees in CC, in case they don't subscribe to
22 > gentoo-project.
23 >
24 > [1]:https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:MGorny/Council_elections_2018
25
26 I am not sure what your metric is for determining our eagerness to publish a
27 manifesto or even what requirement there is to do so. In lieu of that, I
28 actually find your idea for a public Q&A quite intriguing despite the premise.
29
30 Considering I truly like this method better, I have decided to *not* publish a
31 manifesto as is traditionally done. Instead, I will rely on the dev community
32 writ large to ask questions that are *important* to *them*.
33
34 -Aaron