From: Gregory Woodbury <redwolfe@×××××.com>
To: k_f@g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Social Contract, Council: please fix the mess you cause
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 08:40:07
1 On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 4:46 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 03/28/2018 03:58 AM, Gregory Woodbury wrote:
3 >> I can make not contributions to the development processes for
4 >> Gentoo.
5 >
6 > Sure you can; you can provide patches, bug reports, etc at
7 > https://bugs.gentoo.org , work on the wiki pages, help answer questions
8 > in forums and other support channels. Why would you think you can't
9 > contribute by not posting (without being whitelisted) to a single
10 > mailing list?
11
12 Yes, I mispoke a bit. I already do all those things, so it is not a
13 matter of *can't*,
14 but more of a feeling that my contributions "aren't deemed good
15 enough" to be seen
16 in the gentoo-dev list, simply because I fail to perform some
17 arbitrary set of actions
18 that would grant me an imprimature.
19
20 I am old-fashioned in some ways, this is not what FOSS started out as in
21 the 1970s and 80s. That is NOT to say that all changes are bad, or that anything
22 else is no good; on the contrary, certain changes *had* to occur -- it
23 is just a matter
24 of opinion as to which are 'good', 'neutral', or 'bad.' IMNSHO
25 applying such a drastic
26 measure as this tends towards the 'ill conceived' side of things.
27
28 Again, I emphasize, I will still use and contribute to Gentoo in the
29 ways I'm allowed
30 to, while still thinking that there are some systemic issues that
31 relate to the power
32 structures used by those running the project.
35 G.Wolfe Woodbury
36 redwolfe@×××××.com