From: Ionen Wolkens <ionen@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items for upcoming council meeting (2022-05-08)
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 14:13:53
1 On Fri, May 06, 2022 at 03:27:51PM +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > We also have a precedent: Repoman required setting the SIGNED_OFF_BY
3 > variable in make.conf before it would add the line to commits. I'm not
4 > aware of any major problems caused by this.
5
6 As far as I'm concern, the only thing I want is a way to enable it
7 without passing --signoff every time or having to make alias/wrappers.
8 Can be a opt-in, I just need a way to actually opt-in.
9
10 Wish I could just add it to my .git/config per-tree as needed
11 and pkgdev wouldn't even have to worry about it, but that's a
12 not a thing with git without aliases :(
13
14 If pkgdev ever gets a configuration file, guess it could eventually
15 have per-repos configuration too (+be used for opt-in). Was never
16 fond of repoman using make.conf / env vars.
19 ionen