From: zlg <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Foundation meeting agenda for April 2018
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 07:50:23
1 On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 02:17:17AM -0500, Matthias Maier wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, Apr 8, 2018, at 22:29 CDT, zlg <zlg@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > Why do you feel the Council should oversee so much despite assuming no
6 > > liability or responsibility?
7 >
8 > We are merely talking about the current status quo here.
9 >
10 > Ultimately it is a question about how we - as in Gentoo Developer
11 > community, or as the open source project as we are [1] - want to
12 > organize and govern ourselves. The current form, GLEP 39, establishes a
13 > Gentoo Council and Projects - if we were to decide another form of
14 > self-organization is more appropriate so be it. But this is orthogonal
15 > to the current question.
16 >
17 > Best,
18 > Matthias
19 >
20 > [1] This is as an unincorporated associations of individuals.
21
22 I'm not interested in playing mental games. I asked simple, direct
23 questions and cannot get answers. I can only conclude that you don't
24 think my questions are worth answering, despite being a member of the
25 community you represent.
26
27 Bye.