From: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 07:24:35
1 On 12/06/2016 11:15 AM, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
2 > The larger philosophical question is: Are we seriously banning people as
3 > a community? What sort of community are we, in fact?
4
5 I think that's largely speaking for itself here.
6
7 It's clear that (a lack of) communication in this case and in Ian's did
8 not prove to be fruitful. I hope Gentoo can improve in its community
9 management in the future.
10
11 I did not respond to William's e-mails mostly because they were
12 off-topic in my thread, but I hold no ill will against him and feel he's
13 just as entitled to a voice as anyone else. I think we're doing Gentoo a
14 disservice (especially in Java land) by not having him help us. I
15 disagree both with the decision to ban him (to outside readers: the
16 greater developer community was not asked for their opinion) and the
17 manner that William made his points (it was too much, too often).
18
19 These happenings have severely dampened my view of the management within
20 Gentoo and I will be voting accordingly next year.
21 --
22 Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
23 OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
24 fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6