From: Rich Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Gentoo Recruiters need your help!
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 14:44:33
1 On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 16/11/14 00:43, hasufell wrote:
3 >>
4 >> We should recruit less people and instead make an effort to review other
5 >> peoples overlays and include a list of high-quality overlays on our website.
6 >>
7 >> The good part is: any dev can do this and it moves away from our broken
8 >> centralized packaging model.
9 >> In addition, this will take off workload from the recruiters team.
10 >
11 > High-quality, reviewed overlays is a good idea. We still need more
12 > recruiters though.
15 ++
16
17 I'm all for implementing a more distributed model, though I think it
18 would take a bit more than just a list of overlays (we need better
19 policies around eclass changes and the like, unless we want overlays
20 to fork them). That said, we've talked about that many times and
21 until we're happily buzzing along with 47 high-quality overlays let's
22 not turn off the developer production factory.
25 Rich