From: Rafael Goncalves Martins <rafaelmartins@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New Developer: Guilherme Amadio (amadio)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 03:12:47
1 On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 4:38 PM, Guilherme Amadio <amadio@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 04:46:23AM -0200, Rafael Goncalves Martins wrote:
3 >> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
5 >> > Hash: SHA512
6 >> >
7 >> > Good evening,
8 >> >
9 >> > It is my pleasure to announce a new Gentoo developer in our family.
10 >> > Guilherme Amadio is joining us from São José do Rio Preto, São Paulo,
11 >> > Brazil and he will be assisting the prefix team, but he is interested
12 >> > in the science packages as well. Here is how he describes himself:
13 >> >
14 >> > "I’m a physicist with a passion for computer science. I’ve been using
15 >> > Gentoo for a long time (since version 1.2 or so). I finished grad school
16 >> > last July, so I decided that it was the right time to join Gentoo and
17 >> > contribute back to a project that has helped me so much along all these
18 >> > years. I’m Brazilian, of Italian descendence; my greatgrandparents were
19 >> > mostly from northern Italy. My favorite hobbies are chess, playing my
20 >> > accordion, and japanese calligraphy. I am joining Gentoo to work on
21 >> > prefix, but I plan to do other things as well, such as packaging more
22 >> > fonts and working on gentoo-science."
23 >> >
24 >> > Please give him a warm welcome!
25 >> >
26 >>
27 >> OMG! Another brazilian?! :D
28 >>
29 >> Great news!
30 >>
31 >> Welcome, and let me know when you come to Sao Paulo/SP :)
34 > Yes, are there any others? Or are we the only ones? Unfortunately,
35 > I will only be back in Brazil in May. I am currently at Fermilab
36 > for work. When I get back we can meet for a beer and chat about
37 > Gentoo and open source.
38
39 We have another brazilian involved with Gentoo, pilla, that helps with
40 forums moderation, IIRC. I met him a few years ago at FISL :)
41
42 []'s
45 Rafael Goncalves Martins
46 Gentoo Linux developer