From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Creating localized aliases of distfiles.gentoo.org
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 20:08:37
1 On 11/26/2014 09:18 PM, Francisco Blas Izquierdo Riera (klondike) wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > As some of you may already know we have localized aliases for the rsync
5 > mirrors which cover countries (like rsync.ca.gentoo.org) and continents
6 > (like rsync.europe.gentoo.org). This usually optimizes the process as
7 > latencies are lower, speeds are higher and users are more likely to
8 > distribute around the mirrors.
9 >
10 > My propossal is that we do a similar thing with the distfiles mirrors
11 > (for example distfiles.europe.gentoo.org and distfiles.ca.gentoo.org) so
12 > users can easily choose one option when at least one mirror is available
13 > in their country without having to worry about issues if that mirror
14 > starts failing and benefit also from the lower latencies and speed.
15
16 That would be great!
17 --
18 Thanks,