From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2016-02-14
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 20:45:32
1 On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 2:24 PM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thu, 4 Feb 2016 05:07:57 -0500
4 > "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
5 >> Julian (aka hasufell) indicated to me in a private email that he's not
6 >> coming back to Gentoo. Of course, we all have these moments when we
7 >> feel frustrated and have to get away from the madhouse, but if
8 >> hasufell is serious, we need to do something with his packages.
9 >
10 > It's a shame a few poisonous developers have chosen to create such a
11 > toxic environment for anyone who dares become involved with a different
12 > package mangler. What can the community do to make sure this doesn't
13 > happen again?
16 I think I missed something. Are you referring to his interest in
17 NixOS? I don't think I've seen anything on the lists about that other
18 than just general interest/etc.
19
20 In any case, if anybody is having trouble getting alternative package
21 managers supported in Gentoo I'm certainly interested. I thought we
22 put that kind of arguing behind us years ago.
25 Rich