From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-project] Some focus for Gentoo
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 11:32:15
1 Am Mittwoch 14 Januar 2015, 08:52:44 schrieb Jeroen Roovers:
2 > On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 21:43:23 -0600
3 >
4 > Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
5 > > http://dberkholz.com/2015/01/13/gentoo-needs-focus-to-stay-relevant/
6 >
7 > I generally agree.
10 > [ = People developing software = ]
11 >
12 > It reads like we should better *advertise* Gentoo as a good distro to
13 > choose for the purpose of building a development environment, custom
14 > distro or educational environment. Aren't we doing that properly now?
15 > Aren't we heading in that direction already?
16
17 ++
18
19 Advertising, public image, etc is extremely important.
20
21 (A stylish, modern-looking website too...)
22
23 Side note, why do I have to go to the Funtoo website to see something as
24 beautiful as this?
25 http://www.funtoo.org/Gentoo_Ecosystem
29 Andreas K. Huettel
30 Gentoo Linux developer