From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:35:37
1 On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > How much Gentoo differs from 2007?
3
4 I think this is the wrong question - simply being different means
5 nothing. Gnome 3 is different, nobody will argue with that.
6
7 In what way should we more be different from what we were in 2007 than
8 we are today?
9
10 Still, I'd say that our mailing lists are less flame-prone, our init
11 system is more modern, we now have regularly-updated install media,
12 and we have more cooperation with alternate configurations (other PMs,
13 prefix, etc). While the foundation still has a little way to go, I'd
14 say the foundation is also in much better shape.
15
16 Rich