From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2015-10-11
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 12:15:24
1 On 10/09/2015 01:56 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > Well let's think about this. If github went away, or we needed to part
3 > ways with github, what we would we want to keep from their site?
4
5 It is more likely that our infra servers go down or break than github.
6 From a reliability standpoint, our infra servers clearly lose.
7
8 > An
9 > example is all the discussion on "The Crystal Programming Language" pull
10 > #105. That discussion should have happened on our bugzilla so we have
11 > that history on our own infra.
12
13 I don't see why that discussion should have happened on bugzilla.
14 Reviews on bugzilla are painful and broken. And it's not a global matter.
15
16 I can and will review (new) ebuilds anywhere I please, including private
17 mails from my proxied maintainers (some use that workflow) or mails to
18 project aliases (which are only semi-public), although it's preferred
19 that the information is public. Information on who has reviewed the
20 ebuild are supposed to go into the git merge commit message, so you can
21 always contact the reviewer.
22
23 > Can we get the gentoo-bot to organize email notifications in such
24 > a way that we can easily search and read histories by issues and/or
25 > pull requests?
26
27 The gentoo-bot already gets those mail notifications (I guess? can
28 mgorny confirm?), so the data would already be there, just needs to be
29 processed. But that's not something that needs to happen overnight,
30 since there is no data loss imminent.