From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-12-09
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2018 17:32:22
1 On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 11:24:24AM -0500, Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 11:17 AM William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > > On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 02:31:50PM +0200, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
5 > > > In two weeks from now, there will be a council meeting again. Now is
6 > > > the time to raise and prepare agenda items that you want us to discuss
7 > > > and/or vote upon.
8 > > >
9 > > > Please respond to this message on the gentoo-project mailing list with
10 > > > agenda items.
11 > > > The final agenda will be sent out on 2018-12-02, so please make sure
12 > > > you post any agenda items before that, or we may not be able to
13 > > > accommodate it into the next meeting.
14 > >
15 > > I would like to discuss the addition of an AUTHORS file to the portage
16 > > repository [1].
17 > >
18 > > As shown in the link, I propose that this file be opt-in. This means it
19 > > would be extremely low overhead to maintain. Any organization or
20 > > individual with contributions in the tree who wishes to be listed would
21 > > request it by any of the normal channels.
22 > >
23 > > This is needed for the simplified copyright notice in the tree.
26 > Just for 100% clarity here.
27 >
28 > If we adopt this AUTHORS proposal, employees of SEI can use simplified
29 > copyright notices?
30
31 The answer I received to this question is Yes.
32
33 William