From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting 2015-03-10: call for agenda items
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 10:38:49
1 El lun, 02-03-2015 a las 00:02 -0500, Tim Harder escribió:
2 > The next council meeting will be on March 10th, 19:00 UTC in
3 > #gentoo-council on Freenode.
4 >
5 > Please respond to this message on the gentoo-project list with any
6 > agenda items you want to propose or discuss.
7 >
8 > Thanks,
9 > Tim
10
11 And finally:
12 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/5c127aed355ee19d15ac38e114097f74
13
14 This is a bit older, but nothing has changed since that and the current
15 "incoherent" situation is still the same. The main issue are:
16 - Depending on the desktop, the approach that ends up enabling/disabling
17 keyring support is different.
18 - Users are currently forced to know in some cases that they need to,
19 for example, enable "libsecret" to have keyring support, and I don't see
20 it so intuitive (also, if it's renamed again, users will need to know
21 the new name/USE to keep the same behavior of having keyring support).
22
23 In the mail thread there are several suggestions to unify this. The one
24 I personally prefer is to USE a global "keyring" USE flag for packages
25 only having that support via one of the options and use keyring+gnome or
26 keyring+kde if we need to choose between the keyring implementation for
27 gnome or kde (or the desktop that could have its own lib or tool for
28 this)
29
30 Thanks a lot