From: AllenJB <gentoo-lists@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Stabilization process addition: Announcements about required manual intervention
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 00:19:24
...Which isn't stable yet, so stable users won't see them... if there
even were any news items (I'm using portage 2.2, just sync'd and there
are no news items listed).

I was aware of GLEP 42 but it's one of those things that seems to have
existed in some form since I started using Gentoo several years ago and
has never been implemented.

Given that it's apparently already in testing, when will developers
start using this system? (And how will it be known if there are any
issues with it if it hasn't been used on the live tree before 2.1.6 goes

And who is going to make sure that developers are using it to keep users
informed of (potential) issues?

Also, will news items be posted to a web page, forum or mailing list in
addition so that they can be easily linked to from forums / irc /
mailing lists and users can see issues coming in advance if they don't
sync particularly frequently?